Good luck on your stake out Friday. I know it was a lot to remember so I wrote it all down. The important thing is not to get caught–otherwise it will be so obvious that you like him! Destroy this note after you read it.
- Blend into your surroundings. Your goal is to be totally camouflaged so pick an inconspicuous car. I like Ford LTDs, Caprice Classics or anything old and boxy. Bonus if you find one with tinted windows. Before vacating the car, cover the interior lights with duct tap so it won’t illuminate the inside when you open the doors
- Use code names and assign them to your entire team! Never, ever use your real names. Quiz your team on their code names in the car. I know this is obvious, but only bring a few friends to help. They may notice something you don’t and can climb a tree to help you get a higher vantage point. Make sure these are people you absolutely trust! You don’t want this getting around school! Mortifying!
- Scan the location by driving by the house. Scout out a parking spot on a nearby street (NOT under a streetlamp) and know your escape route if you are discovered. Designate a meeting place in the event you have to make a run for it and are separated as a group.
- Bring walkie talkies if you’ll have people in numerous locations. I am never without a flashlight, Swiss army knife and duct tape. Extra credit for night vision goggles! And don’t forget snacks!
- Dress in dark clothes and use accessories like hats and gloves for full coverage. Army camouflage is ideal. That thrift store by the base usually has tons of it dirt cheap. The more you blend in to the surroundings the better!