I. Nuclear Energy and Renewable Resource Discussion Questions
- Chernobyl was the result of human error while Japan’s nuclear disaster was the result of a natural disaster. In what other ways are they similar and different?
- How did the Chernobyl disaster impact the world? The people who lived there? Are there any concerns today?
- How does Whitney view the handling of the Chernobyl reactor accident? Do you agree?
- Are there other possible sources for energy other than nuclear energy? What are they and why are they are they not being pursued?
- Why would the discovery of pure energy be such a valuable commodity? What would the social, political and financial ramifications be?
- Investigate one of the possible renewable energy sources. How much of this source currently supplies the energy needs in the U.S.? What would it take to increase this supply? What is its potential? What are the pros and cons of this energy source?
For more information on energy sources, please visit this interactive guide:
For more information on the Chernobyl aftermath, please visit: